Thursday, December 27, 2007

Welcome

Assalaamu-Alaikum
All Praises are for Allah, Creator of the universe and Master of design and creativity and peace and blessings unto His most noble prophet Muhammad, last messenger to mankind.
Welcome viewers! I am honored and privilege to have you as my guest. For the first time I am attempting to use the pen or in this case my keyboard to express myself in ways other than art to interested folks. As an artist I am good at expressing myself in artistic media and I dabble in poetry.
The purpose of my blog is to explain what is Islamic Art and what the Muslim artist does.
Why? Simply because there are more questions than answers about this topic and the young Muslim artist needs guidance and help along the way. Not to mention I will be able to interact with my peers and learn too. So PLEASE do post comments and make contributions as much as you like.
I have been teaching art for some time now. At first in the public schools and then in Islamic schools. It has been a rewarding experience with many opportunities to learn along the way.

No comments: